Bedfordshire | Permanent
The company is one of the leading companies in the licensed outdoor sports and toy industry, and operate on a worldwide scale with a global business customer base.
With an increasing growth the company is now looking for a Graduate Product Manager in Design and Development to use their creative flair and organisation skills to manage and help develop innovative products for the children’s toy and sport range. This is a core and vital position working in the heart of their business; helping to deliver new product innovation whilst managing customer accounts with their sales team and liaising with their suppliers.
You will benefit from dealing with international suppliers, meeting key retailers, being involved in product development from concept to delivery and being a key member of their UK based office. With this role, there is definite scope to grow within their business.
You will play a vital role in the whole product development life cycle, i.e.:
- Working with directors and product managers to ensure cost effective sourcing and manufacturing of products
- Working closely with Far East suppliers on material sourcing and development of samples before manufacture
- Influencing the aesthetics of the product and sure they are representing the latest fashion trends within the market - this will involve conducting research into latest children's fashions and competitor analysis
- Working regularly with designers and engineers on new product innovations and bringing these to market
- Developing product related materials (e.g. packaging, photography, web content)
- Liaising with the global teams to coordinate the communication of global product developments and launches
- You are a graduate (or about to be one) in degrees related to product development, product design, product engineering or industrial design; Or you are from a business/economic degree background and have a creative eye
- You will need to be creative and have a good eye for design
- You will need to be a great organiser, able to multitasks, be flexible, and achieve tight deadlines in a hectic work environment
- You will need to be able to work on your own initiative
- You will need to have excellent attention to detail
- You will need to have great interpersonal and communication skills
- You will need to have the confidence to negotiate with, and in some cases challenge, senior managers and colleagues
- You will have great numerical and analytical skill
- You will be able to demonstrate commercial awareness
- Ideally you will have some (academic/leisure/work) experience with electronics, however, this really isn’t an essential criterion
The start date is as soon as possible, and the vacancy closing date is for guidance only as it will close once a suitable candidate has been found – thus early applications are strongly advised.