Coventry | Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
This established Coventry based consultancy, specialises in the development of battery systems for electric vehicles and vehicle body electronics; working with various well known automotive manufacturers. They take an idea through from design to prototype and sometimes production. An engineer joining the team would be involved from day 1 with developing software for interesting projects in the fast-growing area of electric vehicles and would gain experience working closely with other engineers in small project teams.
They currently need an engineer dedicated to writing C based embedded code to meet some upcoming project deadlines. With someone dedicated to this role they also hope to see an improvement in the quality and consistency of the code we produce.
On a day to day basis, the role will involve:
• Writing C code for microcontroller based boards, according to our coding standards
• Writing C based drivers for Matlab/Simulink
• Assisting in software architecture design where appropriate
• Reporting on project progress to senior management
From day one you will be working on complex and interesting projects for well-known automotive companies. You will be working on electric vehicle systems; a fast-growing area of the automotive market. You will also be working with experienced and graduate engineers from different disciplines in small teams and will likely be able to learn a lot about these other areas.
Applicants will hold an Electronic and/or Software Engineering or other relevant degree in software. You must be able to demonstrate the following qualities and skills:
• Proficient in C and at least one type of microcontroller (e.g. PIC)
• Enthusiastic and willing to learn
• Can work independently and resolve issues by themselves
• Can work in a team of other engineers
• Automotive experience would be good but not essential
• Report on progress to senior members of the team and project managers
A salary of £25-£28k is on offer depending on the level of experience you bring with you.