Employer: SVM Europe Ltd
Date of placement:
12 July 2010 for 12 weeks
Having graduated from university in June 2010 I started my Step placement with SVM Europe Ltd in July. I was given the opportunity to put the skills I had learnt at uni into practise, this included:
- Creating adverts using Adobe Illustrator that featured in Trade Magazines
- Managing Google analytics campaigns
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Assisting in the preparation and execution of 2 major exhibitions
- Designing marketing literature
- Researching publications
- Designing an exhibition stand
- Branding; designing the logo of new product
- Website maintenance
- Copywriting - company profiles, press releases, marketing literature and website copy
- Researching future exhibitions
The guys at SVM invested a lot of time in me which was much appreciated, I learnt a lot from my colleagues.
Being a small business, which was rapidly growing, they did not have a marketing department so whenever anything marketing related cropped up I was called upon. It was excellent, I could not have dreamt that I would have got such vast experience, the 3 months flew by because I was just so busy.
Having finished my placement I went on to search for graduate positions and stumbled across a role at Step. I now have a permanent position here as the Candidate Liaison and Communications Officer and amongst other things enjoy talking to other students who have been through the process.