East Sussex | Permanent
Salary: £23000 to 23000 per Year
This opportunity is ideal for someone with a desire to work within the geotechnical and environmental industry within a growing consultancy business. Since 2010, they have doubled in size, and conducted thousands of ground investigations on many different sites. Their growth now means they are looking to expand further, with the addition of a Graduate Environmental Technician.
As a Graduate Environmental Technician, you will primarily be travelling across their sites in the south-east of England, where you will use scientific devices to monitor ground water and ground gas. Of course, training will be provided!
Whilst on site, your support will be to the consultant engineers, in the form of setting up sites, testing, and sorting samples taken from the soil. On occasion, it may be also required of you to transfer samples between the site and laboratory.
To do all of this, you will need to utilise your team working skills in order to meet the deadlines set by clients. As projects often change, it helps to be flexible, and be able to manage this changing workload effectively.
- Ability to work to client deadlines as part of a team
- The flexibility to adapt to late changes and new client requests
- Effective management of your own workload
- Full clean driving license
- Experience driving commercial vehicles
- Travelling between test sites
- Conducting ground monitoring using scientific devices (training provided)
- Supporting consultant engineers on site with setting up traffic management, testing, sampling, etc.
- Occasional transfer of samples to laboratories across East Sussex and the London area
- Performance related bonuses dependant on company performance
- A £750 allowance to put toward gym membership, bikes for work scheme, pension contribution etc.
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 23 days of paid holiday per year plus Christmas shutdown
- Company pension
- Career progression routes