Taunton | Permanent
This business has expertise in Robotics and Automation and provides manual handling solutions to some of the UK and Europe’s most exciting projects with major blue-chip companies, across a range of industries including food manufacturing and aerospace.
They have recently secured a number of key contracts covering electrical design and installation and are looking to increase their design capability through the development of new talent into the industry.
A graduate with a degree in Electrical engineering, you should be skilled with AutoCAD* and use of electrical design software. Knowledge of materials handling, product throughput and robotics would be an advantage. You must be able to interpret client requirements and provide detailed electrical drawings and specifications to issue to production.
Some of the areas you will be involved with include:
• Creating new electrical designs and drawings, and interpreting existing ones.
• Researching and sourcing ‘best fit’ contractors and equipment providers.
• Working with purchasing to ensure parts are available in time for build and shipment.
• Establishing existing situation by desk-top or site surveys and production of all design documentation including drawings, reports, schedules, calculations, providing cost estimates to the sale team, providing technical support to the production and service teams on electrical problems on the equipment etc.
• Production of test plans, O&M manuals and hand-over documentation.
Whilst the role will be primarily office based, there will be some travel to attend site meetings and assess works on site, and to work with the installation and mechanical design team to realise effective designs. This will involve national and international travel.
Sound good? If so please apply asap-the closing dates on our advertising are for guidance only and we always encourage early applications where possible.