Castleford, Leeds | Internship
Salary: £15,000 + Accomodation and Bills
We are working with the leading manufacturer of frozen confectionery products in Europe. In 1990 the UK Business Unit was established, based in Leeds. The Unit is responsible for the Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain Management of a £55m+ frozen and chilled confectionery range of branded and private label products distributed to a wide range of retail and food service customers. The international team consists of fifteen colleagues and two students.
This is a wide-ranging and challenging placement in a successful business operating in a tough market environment. You will gain overall knowledge of NPD process and Commercial Management as well as the business as a whole, and will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the NPD Department.
Above all, you will have the chance to work in a team of motivated, creative and tenacious
colleagues who are managing all aspects of a fast growing international business.
You should be studying a Food based degree that incorporates a year-long sandwich placement, and have an interest in New Product Development and Commercial Management.
A solution driven approach is required, with the ability to make recommendations for improvement. You should have good Excel skills.
If you speak German that would be ideal, but this is not essential.
Some of the areas you will be involved with include:
· Regular contact and communications with the German head office
· Using internal systems to oversee the NPD admin process
· Working closely with customers to ensure strict deadlines are adhered to prior to launch
· Requesting and ensuring customer samples are ordered and delivered on time
· Preparing customer presentations and attending meetings
· Using market research data to monitor market developments
· Monitoring exchange rates
Plus any other business activities as required.
Based in Castleford and commutable from Leeds, Wakefield and Huddersfield. However, free accommodation close to the site is provided.
This placement is available for an immediate start (Autumn 2019) and the contract will run until July 2020.