Chepstow | Permanent
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000
If you are practical, problem-solving, and patient, this company are looking for someone skilled in networking, electronics and LAN/WAN techniques to help them support their customers all over the world.
With a background in radio engineering for the military and emergency services, this company are now also involved in a wide variety of software, networking, electronics, and applications for the digital and communications industries. Now working in industrial and domestic settings, they are creating exciting new business opportunities in a market that is growing more sophisticated every year.
They are now looking for a graduate with an analytical mind to join them as an integration engineer, providing technical and configuration support, network element deployment support, maintenance release and software update deployment. You will carry out remote and on-site L1 and L2 network integration, including out of hours on a rota basis (call out), escalating difficult or time critical problems to higher level support if required.
Daily tasks will include:
• Creating technical documents and training material for customers
• Participating in technical meetings and conference calls
• Participating in systems testing, field trials, and customer demos.
• Utilising various tools and knowledge databases available to assist in the troubleshooting process.
• Supporting internal network physical and Virtual network servers including installation, upgrades and management.
• Investigating, isolating and solving problems reported by customers.
This is a permanent role within a growing company where you will have the opportunity to use practical skills in a professional setting. You will be supported to grow and develop your skills, taking initiative to solve problems, and learn more about the wide variety of applications that their products have to offer.
You will be a graduate in an IT related field, preferably with a strong understanding of LAN/WAN techniques and protocols such as IP, VLAN, VPN, IP, VOIP, and SNMP. You will have excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills, and demonstrate confidence within a team environment. You will have a positive and professional approach to customer service, showing a solid understanding of systematic diagnostics and troubleshooting, as well as identifying software and hardware issues in a timely manner.
You will demonstrate an understanding of networking and telecommunications principles, and programming skills will be an advantage. Due to the nature of the role, it is likely that you will need to have access to your own transport, and be willing to contribute to an on-call (occasionally out of hours) rota system.
* * * Please note that the deadlines used on our adverts are for guidance only. We advise all interested parties to apply as soon as possible since many of the companies we work with are seeking a swift solution for their internship/job opportunity. We reserve the right to close advertisements prior to the stated deadline. * * *