London | permanent
Salary: £32000 to £40000 per annum
A boutique pension fund has reacted to calls to strengthen Responsible Investment initiatives by creating an Environmental, Social and Governance team (ESG).
They now require a Graduate analyst to join the team in a key role to support all elements of their work. You will get the opportunity to understand pension investments and support colleagues across all asset classes including Equities, Property and Alternative investments.
Specific duties will include:
- Formulating, writing and updating high quality submissions for all external initiatives such as Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), The Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and the Stewardship Code.
- Monitoring all front office investment teams’ compliance with such initiative and ensuring a consistency of approach across the fund.
- Working on projects to explore and analyse different scenarios for the TCFD; collecting, analysing and interpreting data on all Scheme investments.
- Working on collaboration opportunities with other investors
- Support engagement activities with all investee entities.
- Assessing future initiatives for validity and relevance to the fund.
- Liaising with the legal team on regulation, compliance and updating and monitoring the ESG policies and procedures.
To execute this exciting role, applicants must first and foremost have a genuine interest in the ESG agenda in the context of financial services / pensions. This could be demonstrated by attendance and contribution at university societies, relevant internships or wider reading. If you have not been able to secure paid experience in this area all ready, please don’t be put off! We are seeking a candidate from any background who wants to embark on a career in this exciting and diverse industry.
You could be a graduate from any discipline but those studying an Economics, Finance or Politics and Policy related degree will be most suited. You may even have continued to Post Graduate study in Sustainability, Investments or Governance. From this study, you will have gained high level written skills and the ability to grasp and then convey, nuanced and complex ideas.
You will be joining a close knit and highly skilled team so you must be willing and able to work constructively with managers and analysts, with respect. You must be articulate and happy to express your ideas, which will be welcomed. This will include giving presentations to internal and external stakeholders.