Leicester | contract
Salary: £0 per annum
An established Leicestershire based independent financial services business is seeking an undergraduate placement student to take on a project of implementing a new back-office system.
This is a fabulous opportunity for a student to gain an insight in to how a financial services business is run, from how a client is given advice, what is required from compliance and the products and services available to different clients. Ultimately, you will gain:
- An understanding of the UK Retail financial advice market
- An understanding of financial products and investments
- Practical experience of rolling out a back office system and an understanding of its pivotal function for the smooth running of a business.
You will receive training on the new software which is based on Microsoft Dynamics delivered by the professional software training provider. The qualified advisors will also give you an overview of financial products and how they behave. Then, on a day to day basis you will:
- Carry out data harvesting from Microsoft Office applications
- Prepare clean data ready for upload from a Master Excel spreadsheet
- Contact the IT Departments of large financial services companies (such as Aviva, Scottish Widows, Royal London and many more) to establish data feeds and API links to ensure that automatic valuations are pulled through to the new system.
- Manage client records to ensure that all information is accurate and up to date
- Work with the Directors to agree a standard client report in a branded fashion that can then be used as a template in client meetings.
This valuable project will see you contributing to the ongoing success of the company and will also enable you to understand the mechanisms which site behind wealth management. You will also carry out analysis to understand how different products are performing.
Applicants will be completing their 2nd year of a Financial Services or Business Information Systems related degree or similar. You must be able to demonstrate Strong IT / Excel skills and a good attention to detail. Any experience working with Databases or CRM systems will be an advantage, together with the aptitude to understand the limitations of systems. You will be a key member of a small team working from a dedicated home-office environment. You must be prepared to work independently and know when to ask for help.
This placement is due to run for 9 months from September 2021.