London | contract
Salary: £0 per annum
Do you already have some experience of handling Immigration applications for workers and their families? Are you OISC qualified or working towards the qualification? This established practice in South East London is strengthening their team in anticipation of new contracts coinciding with new the immigration policies.
An immigration practice which supports both Businesses and Individuals with European and worldwide Immigration applications, has an opportunity for an experienced Immigration practitioner to join their team of specialist legal executives. The role may also be suitable for a Law graduate seeking an alternate legal career path as the company provides excellent career development and the opportunity to gain formal qualifications.
Under a formal Supervision Plan, you will train towards Level 1 registration with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).
The day to day duties are similar to those undertaken by a paralegal so skills gained in an LLB course such as attention to detail, following due process and problem solving will be invaluable to your success. More specifically you will get involved with:
- Making visa applications under the points based system, permanent residence , nationality and European Law.
- Speaking to and corresponding with visa applicants to explain the application process and take them through the process.
- Liaison with clients, often HR Managers overseas to explain the visa application process and work with them to ensure that the process runs smoothly
- Completion of relevant documentation to a high standard; accuracy in written English is paramount
- Completion of bespoke database to ensure full compliance and enable accurate reporting.
Applicants will have a Legal background, either by having studied a law qualification or through relevant work experience. One or two years of experince within the legal sector would be desirable. You will be highly motivated to achieve exam success and must be able to demonstrate strong written and spoken English language skills. The role is working in a small close knit team therefore a personable nature and resourceful attitude are essential. You must have a strong attention to detail as the work requires accuracy at every stage. You must also be able to demonstrate good IT skills including Microsoft Office Word and Excel.