Eastbourne | permanent
Salary: £22000 to £24000 per annum
Our client distributes domestic products to businesses which operate in the Public Health Industry. The companies ‘Intelligent Approach’ is a concept which sees us working in partnership with our customers by ensuring the right product, is in the right place at the right time, every time.
We are looking for an individual with proficient numerical skills, organised, has excellent attention to detail and a positive attitude. This opportunity will allow you to work for a multi-million-pound company that puts employees first.
The role is predominately office based and is located in Hailsham. The purpose of the job is to help the company deliver the sales and gross profit growth objectives by assisting in; contract reviews, manufacturers’ price increases, selling prices and gross profit margin, bench-marking prices, tender submissions and working closely with our marketing coordinator on maintaining the ecommerce platforms.
- Applying and communication of manufacturer’s price increases and help in improving profit margins
- Liaise with suppliers, sales, customer service and purchasing regarding product costs, price queries, fixed prices, promotions and low margin items, to ensure that the company’s margin is maximised where possible
- Analyse, monitor, report on customer pricing, margins and competitor pricing
- Assist with tender submissions
- General administration including setting up new accounts, maintaining and updating the department records to a high standard and old files are kept
- Updating of website product information, support with website updates, website troubleshooting and website testing
- Mathematics and English GCSEs and at least 2 A-Levels/equivalent
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve strict deadlines
- Understanding of cost, selling and margin calculations
- Excellent written communication and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding attention to detail, organised and efficient
- Proactive and able to work on their own initiative
- Experience of using of ERP systems (e.g. SAP/Nav/Sage etc.)
- Experience working with ecommerce platforms and google merchant shopping feeds would be advantageous
- Good level in Excel (Pivot tables, Formulas, Tables and data analysis)
- Intermediate in Word and PowerPoint