Graduate Recruitment Services – Graduate Roles, Internships & Sandwich Placements
For nearly 40 years, we’ve been the top choice for graduate recruitment. Matching graduate talent to some of the UK’s best start-ups and SMEs. Step is built on relationships, with students and graduates, universities, organisations and employers. We’ve always been at the forefront of supporting revolutionary changes and were one of the first to introduce paid student and graduate internships with our Shell Step Programme back in 1986. We’ve evolved over the years, but our principles of supporting both graduates and businesses will always remain the same.
Our fully-managed graduate recruitment service helps you attract students and graduates for paid internships, sandwich placements, and permanent graduate jobs . We work with business owners and internal recruitment teams to provide additional support. This can be with ad-hoc roles, including those that are harder to fill due to job type or location, or graduate schemes, perhaps where a target for numbers has not been met. What’s included:
- A dedicated account manager to help you scope out the role to attract those in the midst of their graduate career search.
- We do the research to identify up to 10 target universities. We have strong links with most UK Universities, built up across our nearly 40 year history, and have access to a wide range of talented students and graduates, including many who are not engaged with their University’s careers service. Our database of students and graduates has up to 1,000 new registrations each month.
- We promote your graduate jobs, internships and sandwich placements on our own website, university websites and various third-party sites.
- We can also arrange Psychometric assessments to ensure your graduate recruitment process is fair and accessible.
- We conduct competency-based interviews, shortlist and arrange interviews.
Step provides solutions for student and graduate internships to businesses whilst supporting undergraduates and graduates with the transition between study and work. Interns can provide solutions to many resource issues including:
- Short-term projects requiring technical or skilled input
- Trialling the viability of a new position within the organisation
- A method of graduate recruitment without the initial commitment of employing the candidate directly
- Increasing your company’s profile within the university community by offering valuable work experience
Permanent Graduate Jobs
If you are looking to engage with graduates immediately on a long-term or permanent basis, we can offer a more traditional graduate recruitment service for permanent graduate jobs. Step can help with your long-term graduate recruitment process. You may be looking to boost awareness of graduate careers within your business and need first hand experience on how to achieve this. This service is provided for a flat-fee that does not change even for higher salary brackets. See our full list of recruitment services & fees.
Sandwich Placements and Industrial Placements
Sandwich Placements and Industrial Placements form part of a student’s degree course and typically take place between their second and third years. Year long undergraduate placements can cover many different work types; for instance HR, finance, marketing, or something more technical. A year in industry offers students the opportunity to develop practical experience, to go alongside their academic achievements. A placement year is an ideal introduction to the workplace and is valuable in developing student’s employability-related skills. You can see what type of sandwich placements we’ve covered over the years and how they may benefit your business.
Graduate Schemes & Programmes
We have a vast amount of experience in running large scale graduate schemes and graduate programmes. We’ve been selected as a delivery partner by businesses and organisations including:
You can see how Step graduates integrated and helped to shape roles within the businesses and organisations we supplied graduate schemes and programmes for.
Attract the right student and graduate talent with the people who know how. Student and graduate employment services require those who understand universities, businesses and students. That’s where we come in. Get in touch to have a chat with one of the Step team. Your journey to being a top employer for graduate recruitment has only just begun.