Recruitment Services – Permanent roles, Internships & Sandwich Placements
Step works with growing businesses to help identify and bring together graduate talent and business.
Our fully-managed recruitment service helps you attract students and graduates for 8-12 week internships, undergraduate sandwich placements, and permanent graduate roles. We work with business owners and managers and internal recruitment teams to provide additional support; this can be with ad-hoc roles, including those that are harder to fill due to job type or location, or graduate schemes, perhaps where a target for numbers has not been met. What’s included:
- A dedicated account manager to help you scope out the role
- We do the research to identify up to 10 target universities. We have strong links with most UK Universities, built up across our 30-year history, and have access to a wide range of talented students and graduates, including many who are not engaged with their University’s careers service. Our database of students and graduates has up to 1,000 new registrations each month.
- We promote your opportunities on our own website, university websites and various third-party sites.
- We carry out an initial sift, conduct competency-based interviews, shortlist and arrange interviews.
Step provides internship solutions to businesses whilst supporting undergraduates and graduates with the transition between study and work. Interns can provide solutions to many resource issues including:
- Short-term projects requiring technical or skilled input
- Trialing the viability of a new position within the organisation
- A method of graduate recruitment without the initial commitment of employing the candidate directly
- Increasing your company’s profile within the university community by offering valuable work experience
If you are looking to engage with graduates immediately on a long-term or permanent basis, we can offer a more traditional recruitment service. This service is provided for a flat-fee that does not change even for higher salary brackets. For a full list of our services and fees please visit: http://www.step.org.uk/services-and-fees/
Industrial, or ‘sandwich’, placements last a year and form part of a student’s degree course, taking place between their second and third years. The placements can cover many different work types; for instance HR, finance, marketing, or something more technical. They offer students the opportunity to develop practical experience, to go alongside their academic achievements. The placement is an ideal introduction to the workplace and is valuable in developing their employability-related skills.
More information on our sandwich placement services can be found here: http://www.step.org.uk/sandwich-placements/
Programmes and Schemes
We have a vast amount of experience in running large scale graduate schemes and programmes and have been selected as a delivery partner by businesses and organisations including:
More information on our bespoke programmes and schemes can be found here.